Your little one should be starting to eat more of what you offer, more frequently now, and a baby-friendly brekkie is the perfect way to introduce them to a mealtime routine.
Because your little one is raring to go in the morning, breakfast is the perfect time to try something new. Although they shouldn’t be eating family breakfast cereals because of the added sugar and salt, baby cereals provide the perfect texture with no added nasties.
- Continue with their morning milk feed, so they’re not too hungry to enjoy breakfast*
- Use 2 spoons – one for you and one for them to practise with
- Try using their usual formula milk in cereals made with milk – they’ll love the reassuring taste*
- Give water in a beaker so they get used to having a drink with their meal
*From 6 months, your baby needs around 500-600ml of milk a day
- Worry if they only eat small amounts at first
- Give your baby peanut butter or foods containing gluten before they are 6 months old
- Give your little one soft-boiled eggs or runny yolks before they are 12 months old
My shopping list
Here’s what you need to make our tasty breakfast recipes for your little one:
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 12g butter
- 3 vine tomatoes
- Baby porridge
- 1 pear
- 1 pot of natural yoghurt
- 12g mature cheddar cheese
- Multigrain bread
- Porridge oats
WHY BREKKIE IS SO BRILLIANT!
Breakfast is perfect for bonding, and because your little one’s raring to go in the morning, it’s a great time to try something new.
Remember, you can always mix it up with quick and easy breakfast foods like nibbles of toast, slices of omelette or banana porridge fingers!
Bring on brekkie!
The gentle taste and smooth texture of our creamy porridge is great for those first breakfasts.See the range