Congratulations – you’ve reached the final stage of our 5 step weaning plan! Your baby’s come a long way from their first spoonfuls, and now they’re ready to start enjoying 3 regular meals a day. Establishing a routine will help your mini muncher enjoy new flavours and textures – the beginning of a lifetime of healthy eating habits.
By the end of this step, you’ll have given your baby an adventurous attitude towards food, and an eating routine that helps them understand the world around them. Try to eat together as much as possible so that your little one learns that mealtimes are sociable and fun.
- Make mealtimes fun and eat with your little one as much as possible
- Keep offering 500-600ml milk per day
- Give your little one their main meal at lunch time if they are too tired in the evening.
- Take homemade or tailored baby food jars or pouches with you in a cool bag when you’re out and about
- Try new recipes, but offer food from previous steps including one’s they didn’t like last time
- Try mashing our recipes to create a lumpier texture
- Avoid overfeeding, but offer fruit purée as a dessert if they are hungry
- Give your baby caffeinated or sugary foods, like tea, coffee, fizzy drinks, sweets, cakes or biscuits.
- Feed your little one foods with added salt and avoid using stock cubes
My shopping list
You’ll be preparing 3 meals a day now, so plan and cook in advance. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need for this step:
- 2 pork chops
- 4 onions
- 1 red & 1 green pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large potato
- 200g minced beef
- 90ml single cream
- Nutmeg & mixed herbs
- 2 peaches
- 1 pack baby rice
- 1 medium aubergine
- 830g tinned tomatoes
- 1 small courgette
- 300-360g button mushrooms
- Spaghetti & macaroni
- 100ml full-fat milk
- Tomato purée & basil
- 50g raspberries
- 1 lemon
ON THEIR WAY TO FAMILY MEALTIMES
At this stage, you’ll still be giving them their usual milk feeds alongside solid foods.
Although your baby still won’t be getting a completely balanced diet from their food yet, this final step means they’re well on their way to a healthy and sociable routine of eating regular family meals.
Is your baby eating 3 meals a day?
You've done it!
You've completed the 5 step weaning plan!After weeks of messy faces and spoon-dodging, eating 3 meals a day should now be a doddle for your little one!
By eating breakfast, plus savoury foods at lunch and dinner, you and your baby will start to get into a healthy eating routine that will provide plenty of the nutrients they need for healthy growth and development. And remember, although they may be eating 3 meals a day, keep giving your little one their usual milk feeds too.
Finally, there are a few things you still need to know before your baby’s a fully-fledged little eater! Find answers to the most popular questions mums ask here.
As your little one gets older, their tastes and nutritional needs will become more varied, and lumpier textures move important. Luckily, our range of 7+ months foods has been specially designed for your baby’s next stage of weaning. It’s filled with family-style recipes combining yummy flavours and new textures, like scrummy spaghetti bolognese and succulent pork casserole.