Cauliflower cheese purée
You can also use broccoli instead of cauliflower.
Makes 4–7 portions
- 150g cauliflower florets
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 2 level tbsp full fat spread, e.g. olive or sunflower spread
- 150ml full fat cows' milk (or baby's usual milk if they are under 6 months old)
- 25g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Wash cauliflower and steam for 8–10 mins until soft. Cool slightly.
- Mix flour, spread and milk with food processor or hand blender.
- Pour into a microwaveable container and cook for 45 secs at full power. Remove and stir.
- Microwave for another 15–30 secs until the sauce is thickened. Stir in grated cheese and cool slightly again.
- Blend cauliflower and sauce with a food processor or hand blender until smoothy. Add more milk if you need.
Welcome to Careline via WhatsApp
Our experts are available to chat Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm.
Enter the mobile number you use for your WhatsApp account, click start, and we'll answer your questions.
A message from our careline team is on its way to your WhatsApp account. Please allow 2 minutes for this to arrive.
Our experts are available to chat Monday to Friday, 8:00am - 8:00pm.