Cauliflower cheese purée
You can also use broccoli instead of cauliflower.
Makes 4–7 portions
- 150g cauliflower florets
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 2 level tbsp full fat spread, e.g. olive or sunflower spread
- 150ml full fat cows' milk (or baby's usual milk if they are under 6 months old)
- 25g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Wash cauliflower and steam for 8–10 mins until soft. Cool slightly.
- Mix flour, spread and milk with food processor or hand blender.
- Pour into a microwaveable container and cook for 45 secs at full power. Remove and stir.
- Microwave for another 15–30 secs until the sauce is thickened. Stir in grated cheese and cool slightly again.
- Blend cauliflower and sauce with a food processor or hand blender until smoothy. Add more milk if you need.
Say 'cheese'! Our cauliflower cheese is sure to bring out a smile or two