If apple sticks to the pan, add 1–2 tbsp of water and reduce heat
- 1 medium eating apple (soft apples will cook more quickly than crisp ones)
- Your baby's usual milk or cooled, boiled water
- Peel, core and cut apple into small pieces.
- Cook in saucepan with 75ml (5tbsp) of water until bubbling. Stir, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 10–15 mins.
- Once soft, remove from heat and cool slightly, then add 4−5 tbsp of the water or milk.
- Blend with food processor or hand blender until runny and smooth. Add more liquid if you need.