FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the 'First Tastes' competition?
Your little one’s reaction when they try a new food is a precious moment worth sharing. So to celebrate the launch of our new easier peasier 5 Step Weaning plan, we have a shiny iPhone 6 to giveaway! For your chance to win, upload a video of your little one trying a new food to Instagram using #5StepWeaning or upload the video to our competition page at www.cowandgate.co.uk/fun-and-games/baby-weaning-competition/enter
2. How do I enter?
It’s really easy to enter - firstly, capture the moment as your little one tries a new food with a 15 – 20 second video. Then, either share it on Instagram using the hashtag #5StepWeaning or upload the video to our competition page at www.cowandgate.co.uk/fun-and-games/baby-weaning-competition/enter
You can also upload your video to our Facebook page. Any videos uploaded to our Facebook page will be then added to the main competition page by one of our team.
Please make sure that:
- your little one is aged 6 months - 3 years at time of filming,
- your video does not contain any copyrighted works (e.g. - brand logos, other famous/well-known brands or cartoon characters.
- your video does not contain Infant formula milks from Cow & Gate or other formula milk company
- your little one is sitting or standing safely (no standing on tables, sofas etc)
- your video does not show the child in any potential harm or contain or make reference to anything which could be perceived as dangerous or putting the child at risk
- your video doesn’t contain any inappropriate language or materials (e.g. rude, offensive, obscene, political or overly negative)
- your little one is suitably clothed. A nappy is acceptable.
- your video does not contain or make reference to any illegal activities, including drug taking, feature anyone smoking or make references to smoking, consuming or making reference to consuming alcohol.
- your video does not contain or make reference to advertising or links to other websites.
Weaning is the process of getting your little one accustomed to pureed or solid foods. This usually takes place from six months onwards.
4. Does my baby/toddler have to be a certain age?
Yes, the video of your little one should be between 6 months and 3 years.
5. How long should the video be?
The video should be about 15 – 20 seconds long.
6. What if my video is longer or shorter than 15 – 20 seconds?
Don’t worry if your video is a little longer or shorter, we will still accept entries as long as the video is no longer than one minute.
7. Can I upload a photo instead of a video?
Your little one’s reaction when they try a new food is a priceless moment and we are really excited to see their faces on video! For this reason, we are asking for videos only.
8. Can I enter more than once?
Yes, you can enter as many times as you like but you must enter a different video each time.
9. Is there a closing date?
You can upload your video from 9am on 3rd October to 5.30pm on 28th October 2014.
10. Is the 'First Tastes' competition open to everyone?
We can only accept entries from UK residents who comply with the terms and conditions. Videos must be of children aged 6 months - 3 years at time of filming. No entries can be accepted from the Republic of Ireland. To view the terms and conditions, head to www.cowandgate.co.uk/article/terms-and-conditions-first-tastes
11. Does it have to be a video of my baby’s first taste?
Yes. The first reaction to a new food is often the most special and we want to celebrate that. It doesn’t have to be your little one's very first taste though, just a first taste of a new food.
12. How are the winners chosen?
One lucky winner will be randomly selected under independent supervison at the end of the campaign to win an iPhone 6. We will also be giving out four spot prizes throughout the month, for funniest face, cheekiest smile, messiest meal and grumpiest tantrum!
13. When will the winners be chosen/contacted?
The winners of the £25 Mothercare vouchers will be chosen and notified throughout the competition. The winner of the iPhone 6 will be the first drawn at random under independent supervision and will be contacted once the competition closes (Tuesday 28th October at 5.30pm).
14. How will winners be contacted?
This is dependent on how they entered. On Instagram or Facebook they will be sent a direct message. If you entered via the website competition page you will be sent an email.
15. What are the prizes?
At the end of the competition one lucky winner will win a brand new iPhone 6! We will also be giving out spot prizes of £25 Mothercare vouchers. For information, head to our competition page here - www.cowandgate.co.uk/fun-and-games/baby-weaning-competition/enter Good luck!
16. Will you be running the competition again?
We often run great competitions, to stay up to date, follow us on Twitter @cowandgate or like us on Facebook
17. How long will the competition run for?
The competition runs for four weeks from 9.00am 3rd October to 5.30pm 28th October.
18. Can I enter if I do not have a baby?
Unfortunately not. This competition is to celebrate babies and their weaning journey.
19. Can I enter on Facebook?
Yes, you can upload your video onto our Facebook page using #5StepWeaning and we will upload your video to the competition page.
20. Can I enter on Twitter?
Unfortunately you aren’t able to upload videos directly to Twitter. For this reason, we are only accepting entries through Instagram, our website and Facebook.
21. What is Instagram?
Instagram is a fun way to share your photos and videos with friends. Snap a photo or video on your mobile phone or tablet, then upload and share. For more information visit http://instagram.com/
22. How do I upload a video?
It’s really easy to upload a video. Simply upload it to Instagram using the hashtag #5StepWeaning hashtag or head to our competition page and upload it there. You can also post a video on Facebook using the hashtag #5StepWeaning.
23. Who will be able to view my video?
The video will appear on our website and on the site that you uploaded it through (e.g. Instagram or Facebook). Please make sure you are happy to share your video before you upload it.
24. Do I need an Instagram account to enter?
You can still enter if you do not have an Instagram account. Simply visit the competition page and upload your video. Or you can upload the video to our Facebook page using the hashtag #5StepWeaning.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, with the exception of employees of Nutricia Limited t/a Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition, their immediate families or anyone else connected with this promotion.
2. By entering this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any stage. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions or entrants whose conduct or content is inappropriate.
3. No purchase is necessary and entry is free. Internet access is required.
5. The promotion starts at 9am on Friday 3rd October 2014 and entries must be approved and visible on the competition page received by no later than 5.30pm on Tuesday 28th October 2014.
6. To enter, upload a video of your child trying new tastes / foods for the first time. Only videos of children aged 6 months – 3 years old can be accepted.
7. You can upload as many videos as you like as long as each video is different. Duplicate videos cannot be accepted.
8. Videos that exceed 1 minute in length may be rejected.
9. If you upload your video via Instagram you must make sure you include #5StepWeaning. Entries without this hashtag will not be accepted.
10. If you enter via the competition page at www.cowandgate.co.uk/fun-and-games/baby-weaning-competition/enter your video will be automatically uploaded to the page without the use of a hashtag, however you will be required to give an email address.
11. If you have uploaded your video via Facebook at www.facebook.co.uk/cowandgateuk then your video will be uploaded by one of our team to the competition page at www.cowandgate.co.uk/fun-and-games/baby-weaning-competition/enter
12. Submitting a video is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for any videos that are lost, delayed or not received for any reason.
13. All videos will be pre-moderated and will not appear on the competition page until we are happy it conforms to the following rules:
- Must not contain or display copyrighted works (e.g. Cow & Gate brand logos, other famous/well-known brands or cartoon characters)
- Must not contain or display Infant formula milks from Cow & Gate or any other formula milk company.
- Must show the child sitting or standing safely (no standing on tables, sofas et cetera)
- Must not show the child in any potential harm or contain of make reference to anything which could be perceived as dangerous or putting the child at risk.
- Must not contain any inappropriate language or materials (e.g. rude, offensive, obscene, political, or overly negative)
- Must not contain any nudity: the child must be suitable clothed. (A nappy is acceptable.)
- Must not contain or make reference to any illegal activities including drug taking, feature anyone smoking or make references to smoking, consuming or make references to consuming alcohol.
- Must not contain personal information, including but not limited to, phone numbers and/or email addresses.
- Must not contain or make reference to advertising or links to other websites.
14. There will be 1 winner of an iPhone 6 plus 4x winners of random spot prizes of a £25 Mothercare voucher.
15. The winner of the iPhone 6 will be the first drawn at random under independent supervision. The draw will take place on Wednesday 29th October 2014.
16. The winner will receive an iPhone 6 4.7 inch (retail price £539). This prize is not for an iPhone 6 Plus.
We will contact the winner using the email address supplied (if posted by competition page), by instant message (if uploaded via Facebook) and in the case of Instagram uploads, we will request they follow the C&G account by commenting on their video and then we will request their information via a private message. Delivery times of this prize will be dependent on Apple supply times.
17. During the promotion 4x winners will be selected by an independent judge to receive a spot prize of a £25 Mothercare voucher. One winner will be selected each week using the following criteria:
• Funniest face
• Cheekiest smile
• Messiest meal
• Grumpiest tantrum
These winners will be contacted via the same routes as the main prize. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery of the Mothercare vouchers. Mothercare voucher terms and conditions will apply.
18. By entering this promotion, entrants confirm their entry is their own original work and they own all rights to their entry. By entering this promotion, entrants transfer all ownership rights (e.g., copyright) in the entry to the Promoter who can then use the entry in whichever way the Promoter wishes including any advertising or other communications.
19. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winners by the routes suggested above within 14 days to give full details about how to redeem the prize. If winners cannot be contacted or do not respond or are not in a position to accept the prize, the Promoter may at its absolute discretion withdraw that prize entitlement and to select alternative winners.
20. Winners agree to participate in any publicity accompanying or resulting from the promotion. No additional compensation will be awarded for such promotional activity.
21. The names of the winners will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Cow & Gate Team, First Tastes Competition, One Glass Wharf, Bristol, BS2 0EL within 3 months of the closing date.
22. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected, late or bulk entries will not be accepted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility if entries are lost or not received or delayed, including delay due to technical error.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes, of equal or greater value.
25. The prizes are as stated and there are no alternative prizes or a cash substitute. Prizes are non-transferable.
26. The Promoter does not accept liability for any losses or claims arising out of this promotion except in cases of personal injury or death resulting from its own negligence.
27. Unless entrants have consented otherwise, entrants’ personal data will only be used by the Promoter (and the Promoter’s promotional partners) for the purposes of running this promotion.
28. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering this promotion, all entrants release Facebook or Instagram from any liability arising out of this promotion.
29. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. This promotion is governed by English law.
PROMOTER: Nutricia Limited t/a Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition, Newmarket Avenue, Whitehorse Business Park, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 0XG. Please do not send entries to this address.
This website is managed by Nutricia Limited (whose brands include Cow & Gate) and its agents for the use of consumers within the UK.
Why do we request personal information?
Nutricia Limited will ask for your personal information for the following purposes:
- To contact you if a video that you have uploaded to the site is selected by Nutricia Limited and its agents as a winner of an iPhone 6 or a £25 Mothercare spot prize.
- If required to do so by relevant legislation or court orders.
By entering the competition using the hashtag #5StepWeaning (Instagram), uploading your entry on our Facebook page or uploading your entry via our competition page, you agree to the collection and use of any information you choose to give us, solely for the purposes described above.
Any personal information you give us will be stored in the EU and be used strictly in accordance with current EU and UK data protection legislation. Please let us know if you object to us using your personal information in any of the ways we have mentioned.
You have the right to ask Nutricia Limited for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The Data Protection Act stipulates that you must request this in writing, and that this may be subject to a fee of up to £10. The address to write to is: The Data Protection Officer, Cow & Gate, White Horse Business Park, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 0XQ.
What information do we collect?
So we can provide you with the services you have requested, we store any information you choose to give us. We do this directly from you by your video upload details and emails given via the competition page.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which allows us to personalise your experience on our website. It often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser (i.e. Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Will cookies collect my personal details?
Can I say no to them?
You can refuse to accept some or all cookies by simply activating the settings on your browser which allows you to do this, but you might not be able to access certain parts of our site if you choose this setting.
Who else might see my personal information?
Links to other websites
If we link to other websites, we do so for your convenience. Please don’t take the links as endorsement byNutricia Limited. We aren’t responsible for the content of any linked websites, and we recommend that before using them, you check their privacy policies.
This list is current as of 23rd September 2014, and we’ve tried to cover all the cookies which we or our technology partners use. These are the cookies you might come across when entering this competition:
|STATSESSID||This cookie helps Iconosquare identify you as a unique user.||Iconosquare||1 day|
|Iconosquare uses Google's Analytics tools. This sets five cookies which collect useful information, like how many people visit our site, which pages they like most, how long they stay and where on the web they come here from. If you don't want to be part of these stats, you can opt-out of Google Analytics cookies , or simply delete your cookies at the end of each session, as described below.||Iconosquare||
|Netavenir works with Iconosquare to provide the tools for this competition.||netavenir||
 Google Analytics policy – http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
 Google Cookies Policy – http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/
 Google/YouTube cookies – http://www.google.com/ policies/privacy/key-terms/#toc-terms-cookie
How to unset or clear cookies
Cookies are just small files of data that websites can send to your computer (via your browser) for all sorts of legitimate reasons. By law, you now have the choice and responsibility to decide which sites can and can’t use which cookies. To help you manage them efficiently, all browsers give you tools to control your cookies. So you can keep them (permanently or for a certain amount of time) or completely delete them. This will be a different process for different browsers, but usually involves looking under “Tools”, “Options”, or “Security” for sections like “Privacy” or “Manage Cookies”. Once there you can choose to accept all cookies, reject all cookies (in which case our site may not function normally), or to add our cookies to a list of allowed cookies for extra control. You can also set your browser to clear out your cookies at the end of each session, but if you do this our website may not be able to remember your personal settings for next time.