- 200g minced beef
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 420g tinned, chopped tomatoes
- 180g-240g mushrooms (optional)
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 1tsp mixed herbs
- 2tbsp cooking oil
- Chop onions and mushrooms.
- Heat oil and fry onions with herbs until tender.
- Add minced beef and stir until the meat has turned a light brown colour.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and chopped mushrooms.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed, cover and simmer on a low heat for approx. 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti according to packet.
- Gently mash everything into a smooth purée and serve.