- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 120g button mushrooms
- 1 large potato
- 210g tinned tomatoes, crushed
- 2 pork chops (boned)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- This takes a while to prepare and cook so begin preparing 1 hr 45 mins before you want to eat.
- Turn the oven to 180°C/350°F/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Chop the onion and carrot and cut the mushrooms in half.
- Peel potato and cut into 8 pieces.
- Trim fat from the chops and throw it away.
- Put chopped vegetables, tinned tomatoes and chops into a casserole dish.
- Pour lemon juice over the meat and vegetables.
- Put a lid on or cover with foil. Bake for 45 mins.
- Remove lid or foil, stir the casserole and bake for 20 mins more.
- Serve warm and blended to a smooth purée.