- 1/2 medium aubergine
- 1/2 small onion
- 200g tinned, chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 small courgette
- 450ml boiling water
- 175g macaroni or other pasta of your choice (some pastas contain egg)
- 100ml full-fat milk
- 90ml single cream
- Pinch of nutmeg
- About 10 fresh basil leaves
- Prepare and dice the aubergine and onion. Cook for 5 mins with the tomatoes in a large pan, with the lid on, over a low heat. Add the other vegetables and cook for another 5 mins, with the lid on.
- Pour in the water, bring to the boil, stir in the pasta and cook, uncovered, for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the milk and cream and cook for another couple of minutes. Add the nutmeg and tear in the basil leaves.
- Cool slightly, then blend to a smooth purée.