- 1/2 medium aubergine
- 1/2 small onion
- 200g tinned, chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 small courgette
- 450ml boiling water
- 175g macaroni or other pasta of your choice (some pastas contain egg)
- 100ml full-fat milk
- 90ml single cream
- Pinch of nutmeg
- About 10 fresh basil leaves
- Prepare and dice the aubergine and onion. Cook for 5 mins with the tomatoes in a large pan, with the lid on, over a low heat. Add the other vegetables and cook for another 5 mins, with the lid on.
- Pour in the water, bring to the boil, stir in the pasta and cook, uncovered, for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the milk and cream and cook for another couple of minutes. Add the nutmeg and tear in the basil leaves.
- Cool slightly, then blend to a smooth purée.
Welcome to Careline via WhatsApp
Our experts are available to chat Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm.
Enter the mobile number you use for your WhatsApp account, click start, and we'll answer your questions.
A message from our careline team is on its way to your WhatsApp account. Please allow 2 minutes for this to arrive.
Our experts are available to chat Monday to Friday, 8:00am - 8:00pm.