Beef and tomato purée
Makes 6–10 portions
- 100g extra lean minced beef
- 400g tinned, chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 tbsp tomato puree to thicken, if required.
- Gently cook beef mince with a small amount of water in a saucepan, breaking up mince with a spoon, until it browns.
- Once browned, add tomatoes, and bring to the boil. Stir, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 mins.
- Cool slightly, then blend with a food processor or hand blender until fairly smooth. Add tomato purée to thicken if you need.